Join us, you'll like it. A lot.
As a family run business we pride ourselves on being a global network that cares about its staff. We are as generous as we can afford to be in our employee benefits, flexible working arrangements and compassionate approach in dealing with life’s unforeseen dramas. Our humble agency in the heart of Surry Hills is nested in the city’s creative hub, surrounded by some pretty kitsch eateries, knockout coffee and public transport on the doorstep.
Ready to join
Marketing Intern Sydney
Five by Five is looking for university students to join our Australian team as a Marketing Intern. We have intern roles open from November 2019 into 2020.
For this role you will be a third or fourth year university student, looking to gain experience in Marketing, including market research, social media content generation, influencer marketing and PR. You will be working within a small team to support a variety of B2C and B2B clients across gaming, technology and insurance.
Some experience is preferred, but we’re mostly looking for an enthusiastic and positive individual who doesn’t see any task as too small and will put in effort from start to end.
You will be available to work between 2 to 5 days a week for one to three months, and will be completing this unpaid internship as part of your university degree, so your university will provide all relevant insurances. Please do not apply if you can’t match this criteria.
NOTE: We do not take paid interns, this is an unpaid internship.
About Five by Five
Five by Five is an integrated marketing communications agency specialising in launches. We aim to meet our clients’ marketing communication objectives through bold ideas that are channel, media and discipline agnostic.
The meaning behind our agency’s name comes from a radio communications five-point scale. “I read you five by five” means the signal is ‘loud’ and ‘clear’, with excellent strength and perfect clarity.
‘Loud’ and ‘Clear’ is at the core of our team: it defines who we are, who we hire, how we operate and what it’s like working with us.
The intern’s duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing media databases and lists
- Research (brands, industry, publications & influencers)
- Sourcing creative assets
- Creating social assets
- Writing social copy
- Social media monitoring, reports & analytics
- Working with the wider PR & social team to support them on a variety of projects
- Assisting the Events & Activations team
- Demonstrated ability to manage up to team leaders
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to set and manage priorities, as well as juggling multiple projects
- Ability to problem solve and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and be a hands-on team player
- Ability to quickly learn and upskill
- Skills in Photoshop is a bonus but not a requirement
Benefits to the student
- Surry Hills office – close to many cafes and Central station
- Opportunity to add to your portfolio
- Opportunity to make contacts in marketing industry
- Grow your skills, experience and knowledge of campaigns & strategy
- Be part of a Sydney based, global team!
- 8 hours per day
- 2-5 days a week
You’ll report to a Account Manager
Five by Five, Unit 6/50 Reservoir Street, Surry Hills
- Computer provided
- Fridge onsite
- Tea, coffee, bread, spreads and fruit snacks provided
Smart casual dress code
To apply for this internship please email your CV (2 pages max) and cover letter to email@example.com. Please do not email us for other roles.
Please include in your cover letter:
- Experience of working in a similar role/ or project at university
- Your dates of availability
- If possible, 1-2 examples of your work in this area (this is not compulsory)